Skip to main content

I have a church with a 551 (Peerless Controller) that is having issues with printing from MAc OS10. It boils down to PDF files. They can print a 10 page document, and it spools the whole thing but hangs up and doesn't print the last page. It contiunues to say processing, but...nothing. No problem with the systems under OS10, but the customer is claiming it is with our machine, because they can send the same job to their printers, and it works fine. We have put the latest firmware, and even changed out the print controller, HDD etc, but nothing helps. Get this...the only time we got it to work on the OS10 system is on an Apple that has Adobe version 2.1? Anyone have any ideas? They are now asking for buyout info to get another brand machine. Need help as quickly as possible.
Thanks,
Ted
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

One more question....

Are they printing from OsX or are they printing from an earlier MACOS Emulator within OsX? That could cause an issue as well.... This is NOT a problem with the machine as far as I can tell, if you can print from the other OS with OSX it is some sort of communication problem that the Mac is having getting the right PS information across to the printer. Are their other printers using PS3 or a PS2 emulation?

I think that is all that I have left to ask...
This is still an issue with this customer. They basically have no Finishing options other than left corner staple on a single document with the peerless controller. It just so happens that we have a fiery controller on a machine that I could switch out with theirs. Will they have booklet finishing and all the other options with the Fiery controller if we change it out? Anyone have a 551 w/Fiery using the booklet maker successfully?
Yes, Yes, and...Yes. I think it is a problem with the postscript driver and the print controller. We installed a 2090 a monthago with a SR90 booklet maker, and we couldn't get it to fully work the customer's until we put the Fiery controller on it. I know they have different issues than the 551, but Ricoh said that the SR90 would never work fully in their environment (unix)even with the Fiery. (it's an insurance company that prints their own booklets). However, we had a guy from Hitachi in that day (we sell the Hitachi printer line) and he went down there, told the IT guy at the Insurance company how to rewrite the print commands in the fiery drivers for unix, and it now it works 100%.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.