Skip to main content

Who makes Xerox Copiers \ MFDs???

January 13, 2012

I know that at one time or another every Manufacturer will relabel someone elses device to fill a gap in their line. But it blew me away at HOW MUCH RELABELING XEROX IS DOING!

We were competing for a customer’s business against Xerox. Xerox had already proposed 4 different Xerox models for this customer’s fleet of MFDs. Doing our due diligence we looked up these models on BLI and to my surprise saw that each of these 4 Models had a different manufacturer!!!! I didn’t expect this from Xerox. I was especially surprised to see SAMSUNG & Konica Minolta listed as two of the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer). See excerpts from the 4 BLI reports below.

read more of Vince McHugh's Blog here
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Good stuff. I knew about Samsung and Fuji. Had no idea Konica Minolta was doing some of the OEM. Wow! What happens in a few years if Xerox no longer has a relationship with Samsung or Konica Minolta? How is the support going to be? Xerox will say no difference, but look what they did with Wide Format in North America.
Get's even worse than that. We had a local Xerox open dealer who sold the Samsung Xerox device to a client and a couple of years later the duplexer needed a roller and flip lever. He tried to buy the components from Xerox and they would only sell him the whole duplex assembly at about $900. He could not do this and pass it on to his customer. He contacted us because he knew we handled the Samsung version of the same device. We were able to source the sub assembly and sell it to him for about $100. He protected himself with the client but has since dropped all of the Xerox line because he found the service issues too much problem.

Just think if that was a client with no service plan...how much would they have liked their Xerox then?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.