Skip to main content

Please help with anything you have that shows the differences between these two. As I have been taught.

Monocomponent: Not Contatined; does not produce quality gradation; requires lots of cleanup of excess toner (leaves stains in some cases).

Dual Component: Self contained; continuous tones; better quality.

A follow up question: If Canon says that MonoComponent is a better quality technology, why are their color units Dual Component?

Thanks,

sbh
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You have a good point with the dual componet color from Canon.

If I remember correctly the pitch from Canon was the developer mixed with toner is your monocomponet, which will keepprint and copy quality very good over the long haul because you never run low on developer like the dual process that everyone else uses.

When it comes to Canon's Pro units, I don't know if these are dual or single, what I can tell you is that I prefer the halftones on dual better, but the knock is that as the developer runs low, image quality will suffer quicker than that of monocomponet toner. WHEW! Hope this helps, does nayone else have any input on this?

Art
Can't comment on the Canon use of single component but Kyocera uses this system and the copy quality consistently is better than equivalent Ricoh's we sell. As long as the unit is running enough prints to go through the toner on a regular basis you get better quality not less. The mixed developer gets refreshed with the toner and keeps the image quality up. They use mono component for their new colour as well.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.