Skip to main content

I picked up a copy of a sales order from COTG a few moments ago from the web. I thought I'd take the time to go over the T's & C's with every one, I'm hoping all of the Global sales orders are the same and thus basing this discussion on the attached document.

Front Page:

This contract renews automatically and a 60 day cancellation is required. Comments: ok with the renewal however not with the 60 day notification, if you decide to change vendors and forget to renew they could charge you and win.

#2 All agreements exclude the follwing unless specified on the front of this contract:

The two I picked out were hard drives and software/connected hardware. So, I'm assuming if the HD crashes in the copier, its not covered and software/connected hardware is ????

Connected Equipment: It's apparent that you'll also need a "Connected Service Agreement" for third party software, scan issues, and print issues.

5) The toner inclusive paragraph: I'm thinking we all have these now, however is the customer aware that they could be charged more. Bring this up if the other rep did not could easily win you points and maybe the deal.

10) In shop recondition, this may happen very rarely, however they have a clause in the contract that this would be chargable and if the customer elected not to accept then they can cancel the maintenance agreement. What a great way to get a "dog" machine out of the field or to get out of a contract that's not making money.

Can anyone else add anything else to this??
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Art Post
Connected Equipment: It's apparent that you'll also need a "Connected Service Agreement" for third party software, scan issues, and print issues.

Are you saying your agreement covers third party software issues? So I can call your tech support if my MS Word stops printing? (even though everything else still prints).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.