Skip to main content

I'm compiling approximate breakdowns on the number of dealers, direct branches, and subsidiaries and I wonder if anyone can fill in some some blanks for me.

Some of these figures are at least a year old, so hopefully those of you can shed some light on the figures or the blanks.

Hopefully this info may be useful to some of you too...

Dealers

Canon 500
Xerox 500
Konica Minolta 400
Ricoh????
Sharp 440
Toshiba 300
Kyocera Mita 420

Direct:

CBS 60
Konica Minolta/danka 150
sharp 10
TBS 50
Kyocera Mita 10
RBS???
Xerox???

subsidiaries
IKON - 400
Global - 80
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Chuck,

I came up with 114 RBS locations based on Ricoh's July GSA, but it doesn't seem to adding up in terms of authorized dealers (just 143). I tracked down a count from Vision 2007 and Ricoh, L & S had 664. Considering the number of authorized dealers probably didn't expand too much, I'm going with that as a rough estimate for now.

still open to suggestions and clarifications though....
Surely that 143 does not count IKON locations and your numbers may be suspect due to a dealers having multiple locations etc., etc. Also are you looking for JUST Ricoh or are you considering RFG locations/dealers. I also know that IKON uses a Phone Number/Home address of individuals as a "location" ergo, that throws off your count too.
Agreed,

This info is hard to track down. Even harder if you want to be exact.

For IKON I used the "400" figure that was published at the time of Ricoh's acquisition

I pulled the 664 figure from a report on Vision 2007 Ricoh dealer meeting. That did include all RFG dealers. Interestingly, the report said that Ricoh had over 1,300 dealers in 1999.

I took your suggestion and converted Xerox' GSA to excel and did the math. Agents added up to 540, but I assume that some of those are actually Global acquirees. Direct added up to 115. Some of those may be service locations etc. I've seen a separate report that suggested that Xerox had roughly 500 agents so 500-520 may be a good estimate. But for these purposes thats fine.

One of those occasions where research is more an art than a science.

Thanks for

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.